This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices and policies for www.programservices.org, a website owned by Program Services Continuing Education. Program Services is dedicated to protecting privacy and earning your trust. We only use the information we collect about you from our Web site to process registrations and purchases and to provide a more personalized experience as you use our services. Additionally, if you are a current and qualified SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) we may share your name and contact information with inquiring US DOT covered employers or employees. We may also share credits-earned information to CE (Continuing Education) reporting organizations including CE Broker, APA, NBCC, and other provider approval entities either in response to audits, or individual request or as required by state licensing board statute.
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we are disclosing our information practices and privacy practices for your review.
Program Services has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the website.
- The organization collecting the information.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Program Services control.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
You can browse the Program Services Website without revealing any personal information about yourself. If you want to register for a live seminar, home study or online offering from Program Services, then we collect personal information from you:
- You are required to register and receive a username and password to be able to purchase and access our offerings. At that time, we ask for information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number (to verify your identity in case you lose your account access information). During the course registration process, we will ask for credit card number, expiration date, and other information to process your registration payment. Your credit card information is passed directly to a third party processing service and this information is never stored on any of our systems and is never shared with anyone other than our credit card processing service. If we have trouble processing your order, the contact information you provided (email, phone/fax number) is used to contact you in an effort to rectify the situation.
- The registration form also requests other optional information that will enable us to provide you with a more personalized experience when using the Program Services website. We let you know what information is optional, and you can decide whether you want to provide us with that information.
- We track the completion status of lessons and topics, which courses you have purchased, which you have completed and the total number of CE credits issues. A summary of your data can be found on your "my account" web page upon login to our system.
- Program Services cannot issues CE Credits without obtaining a course satisfaction survey upon the successful completion of a course. We ask you to provide your username and other information pertaining to your experience with our course material, website functionality, and ease of use. Participation in this particular survey is NOT voluntary. It is necessary for us to satisfy accreditation requirements of CE approval granting organizations.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also periodically ask users for feedback that we use to improve our service and products and add new features. If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response.
- We use your IP address to administer the site, prevent credit card fraud and track users’ movement within our site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, email address, phone or fax number), the user can make corrections or modify this information by logging in to their account and making modifications on their Account Information page.
- Program Services is the sole owner of the information collected on this site.
USE OF INFORMATION
Program Services collects personal information to give our users a customized experience and to help understand its customers better. Program Services does not sell, trade, share, or rent personal information to any outside parties whatsoever. The personal information you give us allows us to process your registration, issue CE Certificates and to notify you of your enrollment status.
- We may use the information we collect to notify you of your account information, about important functionality changes to our Website, new courses or services, and special offerings we think behavioral health professionals will find valuable.
- We use a nationally recognized credit card processing company to bill users for the courses they purchase; in addition, Program Services partners with another company that provides cloud based web hosting services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. These parties are not allowed to use the personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- Program Services may disclose information where disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property rights, the users' rights, or others' rights. In the same way, we will disclose information when we reasonably believe disclosure is required by law or to comply with a legal process served on the Program Services Website.
Program Services uses absolutely no information for anything other than the reason for which it is collected. No client information is ever made available for sale to any other organization.
Program Services takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, that information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration or credit card form asks users to enter sensitive information, such as credit card number, that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry -- SSL. While on any page on the Program Services website you should see a green lock in the address bar of your web browser. This is an indication that your interaction with our website is secure and using the SSL protocol. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. To learn more about our security policy, please Click Here.
The Program Services website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Program Services is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES